Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Monday 24 June 2013

A week away

I am off on another week of business so no Eve time.

However, the following week (first week in July) i should be able to start my new account.  I plan to take the new account Main character through the training missions (so 2 days) and then decide which Trading Hub to put it in – it will be my second trader.  I am angling at Hek for now, an up and coming Trade Hub.  At this point, i suspect two traders will be as much as i can get done for 30 to 45 mins per night on week days.

I will start this Main off as i started my current Main, so with little ISK (maybe a few million) given i will need to train this new Main up in the Trading skills, notably the ones to increase the active order slots.  Though, to be honest, if i see some big trades i can do then i will do them.

In any event, it will now cost me a Plex a month to keep going, i.e. c520m ISK per month.

If all goes well, though i don’t know Hek, then this new account should be self financing within a month.

As an aside, i will use the Eve joining tab on this Blog to join and so when i use the Plex for the first time to extend my playtime then my current account should be awarded with an additional 31 days play time.

I also plan to stop the training on my current Main and start to train up an alt in Manufacturing.  Again, i will take this alt through the training missions.  I will use the Alt that is currently sitting at Amarr.  At this stage, all i have decided is not to do Mining (too time intensive) or Refining (there is no value i can add here).  Hence, it will be manufacturing of sorts.  I suspect the initial training will take a while so my Alt may just continue to be my buyer in Amarr for a while longer.

I am hoping that July will be a full month with no travel and so i should be able to see what my Main can really do in Dodixie.



Current wealth is  4,588,693,553 ISK made up from:
  • Items for sale 4,907,393,456 ISK
  • less a 20% provision (981,478,691) ISK*
  • Items in storage for sale 110,000,000 ISK
  • Items in transit 542,000,000 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 10,778,788 ISK


I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost until i finally hold it as ISK.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered using dual training to train up 2 characters on your main account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, until you suggested it here I had not.

      Thinking about your suggestion, I could start training my alt in Amarr as a trader either in Amarr or moving him to Hek. It would take me a month and a half to get it to the level of my Main and then, hopefully, I would have two traders bringing in 3 - 5bn ISK per month at least.

      At the same time I could train my Jita alt in manufacturing.

      In all it would perhaps cost me 2 Plex to get two traders up to speed and then my manufacturing alt could continue it's training on its own.

      Eventually I may have to move the manufacturing alt onto a new account - but that feels like a few months down the road.

      Thank you for the suggestion - certainly given me more to think about ahead of the decision.


      Delete