Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Wealth of 22.5bn

Last week was good, i would say my best week ever but it dawned on me that as my wealth rises any good week will be my best week ever for a while to come.

My wealth rose to 22.5bn isk vs the May month end of 16.1bn isk and that includes buying and using a Plex for the account.

Vs the prior week my wealth rose 2.9bn isk.

About a third of this increase occurred during the weekdays and two-thirds over the weekend.

That all said, yet again, my Amarr seller is not even coasting - he is doing poorly.  This is going to warrant some investigation.  I was hoping to be making good isk from Amarr by now.  Right now i have about 5bn of items for sale in Amarr.

The main driver of isk gathering is the Dodixie seller where i have 23bn of items for sale.  Nothing new to report in terms of items to sell other than my spreadsheet which pulls live pries from the game is allowing me to find items to sell quicker than the old look-up method.

My tactic of finding markets in Dodixie that used to have low volume items for sale but have now been abandoned is making some ground.  For all these items, i remain the only seller and the sales tick over nicely.  I don't gouge, i sell at a 25% profit margin to Jita sell price.  I don't want to encourage competition to return and i want to encourage demand in Dodixie.  25% seems to be the good compromise here.

In other areas where i see there are 1 or 2 sellers of an item at double the Jita sell price then i also enter those markets with my usual 25% profit margin.  It always amazes me that the competition does not react as i sell item after item at that level.  I don't know if they are not checking their prices or believe i will go away.

Yet again, i report that Manufacturing plans has got nowhere fast.

I have settled down to paying 1% of the collateral on courier contracts as the fee - that almost always gets it done in a couple of hours.  So no change there.


Outlook

I am hoping i can do better in June compared to May.  The aim was to be for 7bn isk increase in wealth (after paying for Plex) - that is on track to be met given i am already up 6.4bn with one week to go.

Other aims for June:
1) Continue to expand the Dodixie trader sell orders
2) Plex the account and build up some surplus Plex.
3) Build up the Amarr trading business



Current wealth is 22.5bn ISK made up from:
  • items for sale 28.0bn ISK
  • less a 20% provision 5.6bn ISK*
  • Plex held (0 Plex) 0.0bn ISK
  • items in storage for sale 0.0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 0.1bn ISK

I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

4 comments:

  1. I tried to emulate this in all 3 hubs but am not making much headway. Whether it is the items I am trying to sell or the fact that I am struggling to keep track of items bought/sold and need to be repurchased. I think my gains have been about 2.5b in 2 or 3 months. And I don't have the time constraint that you have per session

    I have all but abandoned it at the moment, but may try and get a second wind on it. But admit I am finding it time consuming finding the products and they are moving slowly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try with one hub first, stick to items that sell say once per day, and when you buy from the Jita Sell Order make sure the current best Sales Price in your target hub is at least 20% higher.

      And organize your quickfolders into two groups at least: items for sale (so you can quickly cycle through what you have on the market); and items that could be for sale but currently not (these are the items you check the prices of to see if you can make the 20% profit).

      Delete
    2. Ill give that a go, thanks

      Delete
  2. not 3 hubs, i mean 5 (Dodi, Hek, Rens and Amarr buying from Jita)

    ReplyDelete