Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Wealth of 7.9bn isk

Wealth is now 7.9bn - see details below.  An increase of 1.9bn on last week.

A disappointing week really.  Well, actually quite a good week but a poor weekend.  Sold almost nothing over Easter.  All the sales made in the normal quiet weekday periods.  Coming into the Easter weekend i honestly thought i would be en-route to 10bn isk wealth.  But it was not to be.

Now, i am worrying a bit that i may be loaded up with sell orders that really are slow, too slow.  But lets see.  If they come through then i will be doing well.

I am now regularly having over 1bn isk of product couriered from Jita to Dodixie.  That indicates that i am making 1bn isk of sales per day.  So, assuming i am sticking to my 20% margin then i profits are about 200m isk per day pre costs (broker fees, sales tax, courier fees).  That comes to about 6bn isk per month pre-costs.  We will see how that compares to reality by the end of April.

Couriers - i pay about 1% of the collateral as a fee.

Costs: so, my costs are 2.68% Broker Fee + 1.4% Sales Tax + 1% Courier Fee = 5.08% total costs.  That would take my monthly profits down from 6bn isk to 4.5bn isk.

I fully hope to plex my account this month and therefore start a new account.  If i use 2bnisk  to plex the account then i am left with 2.5bn each month.

Feels like i need to sell more daily or increase my profit margins.  I am hoping as i post more items to sell then the daily revenues will rise.  We will see about the margins.



Manufacturing alt

in the end, i did not make any trial runs over Easter.  Built the spreadsheet though.  Live prices coming in via an API.  Could not find a table that showed me the raw material content of the items i wanted to manufacture myself - so had to type that all in manually.  That hurt.

Right now, the manufacturing alt in Jita (which also does the buying of the items to send to Dodixie) is skilling up to manufacture T2 items.  Seems that is where the big money is to be made.



Current wealth is 7.9bn ISK made up from:
  • items for sale 9.1bn ISK
  • less a 20% provision 1.8bn ISK*
  • items in storage for sale 0.0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 0.6bn ISK
I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog croda. Keep it up!

    Would you mind posting screens of your sheet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure - when i get it up and running and start my manufacturing alt going i will put up some images.

      Delete
  2. ur blog is fantastic! But I have a question.

    Do you think the decline in Dodixies popularity over the years has been affecting the profits that you generate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hard to tell - i am making profits faster today than i was several years ago but that is likely because i have a better idea how to do it now. 6 years ago i had wealth of 5.5bn at the end of my first full month. This time it is likely to be a little over 10bn.

      However, i do notice many items that have no sell orders against them and i dont recall that being the case before. So, perhaps life is a bit slower than before.

      That said, Plex back then cost 500m vs 2bn today - that would mean i would need to be making 4x my prior profits just to keep up. That is clearly not the case though.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the response! :)

      Delete