Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Saturday 29 June 2013

Change of thought

update: I came back from my business trip to find just over 1bn ISK waiting to be reinvested.
 
So I bought 72 items from Jita (spread over 21 products) for 1.0bn ISK for which I hope to sell in Dodixie for 1.5bn ISK giving me a 32% gross profit margin.  After selling costs, including a "Rush Job" contract to PushX Industries I hope to make a 29% operating profit margin, though that is before I reduces prices as competitors undercut me.
 
 

In all, with 2 days to go before the end of the month my wealth has passed 5bn ISK and my Main has only been playing for 1 month and 15 days.
 
my wealth has increased by 3.8bn ISK this month - with a fair wind tomorrow I may get the increase to be over 4bn for the month of June.  I would be impressed with that for my first full month given several days of it were spent away on business.


change of thought: I am away on Sunday / Monday but on Tuesday I intend to start training a new character as a trader and another one as a manufacturer.  I was planning to start a new account for the trader alt.  However, MoxNix made a good suggestion that I make use of Dual-Training to train up two alts on my account.

Dual-Training allows me to train two characters at once on one account though at the cost of a Plex a month.

I like that line of thinking.  The training on my Main is almost done - though I may have to train up some Corporation skills to make transferring ISK around my characters more efficient.  So, with Dual-Training I can train up my new trader and train up my Manufacturing alt.

Also, I only need to use the additional Plex whilst I need to train the two characters at the same time.  Once my trader is done (say in 1-2 months) then I can stop using Plex.  If I started a new account then I am committed to using a Plex a month (=540m ISK) to keep the account open.

Of course, if I wanted to move one of the alts to another account that will cost me Plex just to do that.  But at this stage, keeping them altogether feels more sensible.

Hence, I have deleted my alt at Amarr and the timer to complete the deletion will be done in 10 hours.  On Tuesday I will then start a new alt, have it do the Training Missions and then put it in Hek and start training it up in Trading skills.

 
 
 
Current wealth is  5,100,548,434 ISK made up from:
  • Items for sale 5,975,712,674 ISK
  • less a 20% provision (1,195,142,535) ISK*
  • Items in storage for sale 134,000,000 ISK
  • Items in transit 0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 185,978,295 ISK


I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost until i finally hold it as ISK.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment