So I bought 72 items from Jita (spread over 21 products) for 1.0bn ISK for which I hope to sell in Dodixie for 1.5bn ISK giving me a 32% gross profit margin. After selling costs, including a "Rush Job" contract to PushX Industries I hope to make a 29% operating profit margin, though that is before I reduces prices as competitors undercut me.
In all, with 2 days to go before the end of the month my wealth has passed 5bn ISK and my Main has only been playing for 1 month and 15 days.
my wealth has increased by 3.8bn ISK this month - with a fair wind tomorrow I may get the increase to be over 4bn for the month of June. I would be impressed with that for my first full month given several days of it were spent away on business.
change of thought: I am away on Sunday / Monday but on Tuesday I intend to start training a new character as a trader and another one as a manufacturer. I was planning to start a new account for the trader alt. However, MoxNix made a good suggestion that I make use of Dual-Training to train up two alts on my account.
Dual-Training allows me to train two characters at once on one account though at the cost of a Plex a month.
I like that line of thinking. The training on my Main is almost done - though I may have to train up some Corporation skills to make transferring ISK around my characters more efficient. So, with Dual-Training I can train up my new trader and train up my Manufacturing alt.
Also, I only need to use the additional Plex whilst I need to train the two characters at the same time. Once my trader is done (say in 1-2 months) then I can stop using Plex. If I started a new account then I am committed to using a Plex a month (=540m ISK) to keep the account open.
Of course, if I wanted to move one of the alts to another account that will cost me Plex just to do that. But at this stage, keeping them altogether feels more sensible.
Hence, I have deleted my alt at Amarr and the timer to complete the deletion will be done in 10 hours. On Tuesday I will then start a new alt, have it do the Training Missions and then put it in Hek and start training it up in Trading skills.
Current wealth is 5,100,548,434 ISK made up from:
- Items for sale 5,975,712,674 ISK
- less a 20% provision (1,195,142,535) ISK*
- Items in storage for sale 134,000,000 ISK
- Items in transit 0 ISK
- ISK in wallet 185,978,295 ISK
I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc. The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.
* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling. Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK). For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost until i finally hold it as ISK. I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold. Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.