Entirely through Regional Trading – that is buying from one region to sell in another. I contract PushX Industries to haul my items to Dodixie – hence i never leave the station and play 30 minutes a day. Perhaps 60 at weekends as I research more items to sell.
For me, i have been buying from Jita and more recently Amarr to sell in Dodixie. The reason i buy from Jita is that it is the largest trading hub and its prices listed on Eve-Central are therefore likely to be more accurate and so helping me do my research. My Main character can sit in Dodixie and check the potential sale prices for items i plan to buy in Jita.
For non-Eve players, Regional Trading strategies work because:
- When items are bought they have to be picked up from the station they were placed for sale in
- Prices can only be seem for the region a character is in, not for other regions
- Many players will willingly pay more for the convenience of not making 15 jumps to pick an item up (1 jump = 1 minute of time)
I am still reinvesting all the ISK i make into new items to sell – hence i am not yet in a position to start a new account (which would need to self finance itself through Plex purchases).
I woke up today to 590m ISK to reinvest back in the markets. The weekends (starting on a Thursday night) are good times for me.
It is getting harder to find high margins, slow moving and low competition items to sell. So i have reduced my acceptable margin to 15% as long as the purchase price is over 100m ISK.
I would expect to start a new account perhaps in July – i am on a business trip in the last week of June which somewhat prevents starting a new account at that time if I want to get it off to a flying start.
Current wealth is 2,243,647,145 ISK made up from:
- Items for sale 2,031,158,454 ISK
- less a 20% provision 406,231,691 ISK*
- items in storage for sale 20,200,000 ISK
- items in transit 550,000,000 ISK
- ISK in wallet 48,520,382 ISK
I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc. The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.
* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling. Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK). For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost until i finally hold it as ISK. I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold. Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.