Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Tuesday 16 July 2019

Wealth of 34.8bn

The second week in July was ok.  Wealth rose by 1.3bn to 34.8bn isk. However, that came after paying 1.9bn to Plex the account for another 30 days.  Hence, isk made in the week was really 3.2bn less the 1.9bn for the Plex.

So, halfway through the month i have made 9.5bn isk before Plex costs.  i.e. wealth has risen by 7.6bn isk in the last two weeks.  July is going better than expected.

The Amarr trader is really coming to life now.  I am finding more items that appeals to the Amarr market.  Lots of cross over with the Dodixie market though it is more competitive.  That said, i find that as long as my item is first to third on the sell order then it generally gets sold at some point given the volume activity in the market.

The Dodixie trader plods on.  Still making good isk.  I am slowly adding new items to sell as i find the,.

I now have 400 surplus Plex.  I aim to always have 500 surplus Plex to cover the account costs with out a last minute panic to buy the plex.

The 1.9bn isk in my wallet was fully invested in the market before i went to bed.

Yet again, i report that Manufacturing plans has got nowhere fast.


Outlook

I am hoping i can do better in July compared to June.  The aim was to be for 10bn isk increase in wealth (after paying for Plex) - currently i stand at 7.6bn isk therefore it feels fair to say that the 10bn target will be reached with a week to spare.

Other aims for July - all appear to be on track:
1) Continue to expand the Dodixie trader sell orders
2) Plex the account and build up some surplus Plex.
3) Build up the Amarr trading business



Current wealth is 34.8bn ISK made up from:
  • items for sale 39.1bn ISK
  • less a 20% provision 7.8bn ISK*
  • Plex held (400 Plex) 1.6bn ISK
  • items in storage for sale 0.0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 1.9bn ISK

I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog!! Thank you so much for doing this. I've always wanted to know more about the Eve online marketing.
    Just to recapture what you are doing right now, so you have 2 accounts, 3 characters so far right? Jita buyer, Dodixie seller in one account and Amarr seller in the other account.
    Other than the skill, are you doing anything to raise up the faction and corp standing to reduce the tax?
    Any reason why you are not using Citadel market hubs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Horan.

      Exactly right on my setup right now. If i could start again - i would put all three characters on the one account.

      I am doing nothing other than using skills to reduce my taxes. ONe day i may undock and make efforts to get standings.

      Citadel market hubs - i left Eve the first time just before they got going, so i need to investigate and see if they are better than what i am using now.

      Delete
  2. Still reading your blogs :)

    ReplyDelete