Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Saturday, 5 September 2026

Friday night stale order update

The Strategy

I put my Sell Orders up for 90 days.

It costs me 1.50% to list each item for sale.

If i update the price it costs me 0.30%.

Therefore, i don't want my Sell Orders to go 90 days without being updating.  If they expire i will need to pay 1.5% to relist.  And i would need to remind myself what i bought the item for in the first place.  This has a long night written all over it.

Hence, my standard operation is to update the Sell Order when it comes ot 21 days to expiry.  I choose 21 days because it allows me to go on holiday for 2 weeks and not come back to a truck loads of items delisted.


The Practice

I review the time to expiry of my Sell Orders every Friday night.

I do this my accessing the Market Orders:


and sorting the Expiry:


And then anything with less than 21 days gets updated from this screen.


Much quicker this way, you can go down the list of items here and update the sell price (i reduce the price by one tick).

It's quick to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment