Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Sunday 9 June 2019

Wealth of 17.3bn ISK

The first week in June was a good week.  My wealth rose to 17.3bn isk vs the May month end of 16.1bn isk and that includes buy and using a Plex for the account.

So, trading generating enough isk to buy the 500 Plex to use and still had 1.2bn isk left over.  That is perhaps my best week so far.

Three features making this the case:

1) Expanding the items i am selling to go back and include items selling for 35 m or 70m that still make 20% profit as well as those items selling for 700m or 1.5bn keeps the isk rolling in nicely.

2) For the first time in a long time the weekend actually made decent sales.  For some reason, in the last few weeks most of my sales come on the week days, notably thursday

3) I have expanded in Rigs to sell.  That is in the prelude to manufacturing them (if i ever get round to that!).

The target this month is to increase wealth by more than the prior months 5.8bn isk (hoping for 7bn) and to start building a surplus amount of Plex.


so, whats new this week:

1) i am moving faster to develop a spreadsheet that identifies items to sell

2) i have found a way to quickly build a manufacturing spreadsheet

3) i have expanded the Amarr seller.


1) Identifying items to sell

I still use Evemarketer to find items to sell but my spreadsheet that pulls current selling prices from Jita, Amarr and Dodixie has been re-ordered, expanded and made more efficient.

I still lack daily volume numbers but right now it is doing the job of identifying items that will sell at a 20% minimum profit margin.

With the addition of the Rigs into the spreadsheet i have more items to choose as my wealth expands.

One of the key bottlenecks to preventing wealth growth is to run out of ideas of things to sell.


2) Building up the manufacturing part of the spreadsheet

I found a spreadsheet everef.net that is a fantastic mine of information but also shows nicely the required raw materials for items.  I have accessed the data and pulled it into my spreadsheet.

I wont be building the manufacturing spreadsheet quickly but i now have a way of almost instantly getting the required raw materials rather than slowly checking the info for each item.


3) Expanded the Amarr seller

The Amarr seller now has 4.7bn of items for sale.  As Dodixie fills up with current ideas i add to Amarr.

To be honest, Amarr is not going great guns so far.  The competition is higher and the Rig items i am selling can be slow at times.

Side note - Dodixie seller still has just over 16bn isk of items for sale.

The other part of this character is that he is training space flight to fly a covert interceptor into null sec to pick up cheaper blueprints to sell in Amarr and Dodixie.

Right now, i plan to fly a Victorieux Luxury Yacht unless anyone can think of a better cover ops ship to fly around null sec carrying expensive blueprints?  I am not skilled in flight - so anything that can stay cloaked in warp and is not affected by bubbles will do the trick.


Outlook

I am hoping i can do better in June.  The aim has to be for 7bn isk increase in wealth (after paying for Plex).

Aims for June:
1) Continue to expand the Dodixie trader sell orders
2) Plex the account and build up some surplus Plex.
3) Build up the Amarr trading business



Current wealth is 17.3bn ISK made up from:
  • items for sale 21.3bn ISK
  • less a 20% provision 4.3bn ISK*
  • Plex held (0 Plex) 0.0bn ISK
  • items in storage for sale 0.0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 0.3bn ISK
I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

5 comments:

  1. How do you pull daily sales into the spreadsheet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a post on that at some point but in excel there is the Webservice and FilterXML formulas that can interrogate "api.evemarketer.com/ec/marketstat?typeid="

      Delete
  2. For travelling around with high value, low volume cargo, I often use this:

    [Ares, LorRes]

    Micro Auxiliary Power Core I

    Damage Control II

    Inertial Stabilizers II

    Inertial Stabilizers II



    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

    Medium Shield Extender II

    Medium Shield Extender II





    Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

    Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II



    This Ares aligns in 1.9 seconds, has 11k EHP and an 8.8 AU per second warp speed. In high, a sub 2 second align means that even instalocking thrashers cannot catch me warping gate to gate. The EHP means I could survive a casual smartbomb trap if someone were to attempt that, which is unlikely. It doesn't travel cloaked but it is bubble-immune and nigh on uncatchable when travelling point to point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I've used for going both to & from nullsec, and for transporting skill injectors round highsec. I was caught once (in ~4 years) due to weird server lag, but I wasn't carrying anything much fortunately.

      Delete