Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Wealth of 50bn isk

Half way to 100bn isk it is, wealth is now 50bn isk, though an increase of only 3.4bn on the week bringing the month-to-date rise of 6.1bn isk (or 7.9bn if we recall that i had to make the monthly payment of 1.8bn isk to plex the account).

So, the downgraded aim of 10bn rise in wealth for August still looks achievable with 10 days to go.

I have put some thought as to why August is slow (or why July was strong) and perhaps it is the school holidays causing trends to change.  Maybe other reasons, i am not yet sure.  But the 18bn isk target for August is consigned to the bin.

The other aims for August look achievable
1) Continue to expand the Dodixie trader sell orders
2) Plex the account and build up some surplus Plex.
3) Build up the Amarr trading business




Amarr trader expanding very well

At one point during the week the Amarr trader had more up for sale than the Dodixie trader.  On good days Amarr can get to 30bn of items up for sale.  As i write it is 24bn.

There are no real differences between what i put up for sale in Dodixie and Amarr - some items sell better in one place than the other.  The main difference remains that Amarr is more competitive.


Dodixie trader not really breaking new ground

The Dodixie trader keeps going, now regularly over 30bn isk of items up for sale, currently 32bn.

One of the readers of the blog, Aardvark Cheeselog, made a good comment on getting burn out.  That resonated with me.  I was going to expand the number of items i have for sale but that means i am taking that bit longer to update prices each day and runs the risk of making each day feel like a chore.

Instead i am going to focus on finding higher priced items for sale.  Currently, i no longer sell items for less than 100m isk.  I am hoping to push that limit up whilst not sacrificing weekly wealth increase values.



Plex

I have 700 surplus Plex.  I aim to always have 500 surplus Plex to cover the account costs with out a last minute panic to buy the plex.




. . . . . yet again, i report that Manufacturing plans has got nowhere fast - lets just take that as read.  I will mention this every week as a reminder to myself.


Outlook

My hopes for August came back a bit after the first two weeks.  The aim was to be for 18bn isk increase in wealth (after paying for Plex) - but is now 10bn.

Other aims for August - all appear to be on track:
1) Continue to expand the Dodixie trader sell orders
2) Plex the account and build up some surplus Plex.
3) Build up the Amarr trading business


Current wealth is 49.6bn ISK made up from:
  • items for sale 56.2bn ISK
  • less a 20% provision 11.2bn ISK*
  • Plex held (700 Plex) 2.5bn ISK
  • items in storage for sale 0.0 ISK
  • ISK in wallet 2.1bn ISK

I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    And how do you keep track of all your orders? Do you use any external tool to support you when to check your orders and update prices or something like that?

    It seems like a tough job to log in only to review orders and prices right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally scrape contracts for undervalued ships and mods etc...I strip the mods and list them locally which is typically at least a 20% markup and sell the ship hulls separately. I dont have to import anything and only export if i am tired of waiting for a sale. Initial investment was about 40b. My overall profit atm is around 55-60b and that's after helping corpmates out to the tune of about 30b as well as keeping certain items for personal use at about 10b. Realistic profit would have been about 100b in 2-3 months while spending about 15 minutes a day on it.

    ReplyDelete