Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Friday 23 August 2013

A mistake in my favour

I logged in to a particularly large balance in my wallet and, as is normally the case, i did a quick look at recent trades filled.  Sure enough, i had sold a Centus C-Type Armor Explosive Hardener for 420m ISK . . . . . . . . . . which seemed rather a lot.


 

 
Indeed, checking on the market prices showed that they are typically selling for 97m ISK.  Odd.





But then looking at the Buy orders, buyers are willing to pay 42m ISK.





So, now it becomes clear what happened.  The unfortunate person meant to set the buy order for 42,000,313.91 but instead added an additional zero to make it 420,003,013.91 and my order was the lowest sell order at the time and so got filled.

I have done something similar myself so i feel the pain!  Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment