Worth noting: The method below will copy all settings not just the quickbar.
I have Windows 7 Professional.
The aim is to take this file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility\settings\core_user_1234567.dat
Where <user> is your user name on the computer and <1234567> is the seven digit identifier of your account . . . . . . . and copy the file from one account to another.
In the folder C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility\settings\ there will be one core_user_1234567.dat file per account.
Hence, the steps i used were:
Lets assume the file with the quickbar i wish to copy over is core_user_1122334.dat and the file that i wish to overwrite is core_user_7788990.dat
The easy way to tell which seven digit number is which is to log in to an account and then log out – the latest updated file is refers to the account you logged into. However, step 1 of the below method ensures we have a backup just in case!
Also, if you have a new account that you are copying the file into then core_user_7788990.dat will have the size of about 1kb vs the file to copy which will be much larger, mine was 54kb.
- Get to the folder C:\Users\<ser\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility\settings where <user> is your user name on the computer. You may have to unhide folders or do what i did which was to search for CCP Windows Explorer
- Play safe and copy the core_user_7788990.dat and rename it to core_user_7788990-copy.dat. Best to play safe in case something goes wrong
- Delete core_user_7788990.dat
- Copy core_user_1122334.dat and rename the copy to core_user_7788990.dat
You should now have 3 files in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility\settings\ folder
- core_user_7788990-copy.dat which is a copy of the old file
- core_user_1122334.dat which is the file in one account that you wanted to copy
- core_user_7788990.dat is a copy of the above file in the new account