Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Saturday 17 December 2022

Holiday trading - surprisingly good

I was on holiday for the first two weeks of December.

I took a laptop (more on that below) and tried as best i could to keep trading.  Almost kept up to once a day - i reckon i managed to to 75% of the days.


The Results

To my great surprise my wealth increased by 40bn isk before plex costs.  I honestly think i may have made a mistake but i checked the numbers and they are all correct.

If, and this is a huge if, this continues then December could be a record month (and saying that perhaps means it won't be!).

One headwind is that whoever was selling blueprints in Jita took a month or two off and has just returned.  I had the market to myself in several areas.  But no more.


Using a laptop

Very slow, my laptop only has 16GB memory and i had to replace the screen which cracked on the flight out.  The only replacement screen as a higher resolution touch-screen which i think taxed the memory and GPU a bit.  Perhaps i need to update the driver.

The real killer was not having a mouse - that really slowed things down - and was a schoolboy error on my part.

And trying to operate off one screen was tough - too much alt tabbing between spreadsheets, evetycoon and Eve which then taxed the GPU as it tried to reload the Eve screen.

Really simple things like creating a contract took a minute or so.


Activities

I stuck to high value items such as blueprints and implants.  The laptop being slow did not really lend itself to messing around with lower priced items.

And i had to spend more than 45 minutes and i ignored the alpha accounts.  I also only looked at alts who had made sales, i did not update prices from alts that had made no sales.


Next steps

i have a whopping 83bn isk in cash to invest.

If i find that after setting up Sell orders to replace items sold that i still have plenty of isk left then i will look into upgrading another couple of alts to Omega.


No comments:

Post a Comment