Translate this page

Some beautiful music to read the blog with

Friday 22 December 2023

Month end update - November 2023

I made 32bn profits in November 2023 of which 101bn was distributed on to the Oz Tank Show (100bn to Oz Tank Show and 1bn to a Twitch show). Therefore, my wealth fell by 69bn isk to 1.101 trillion isk.


Distributions

These days, the aim is to distribute my profits to the Oz Tank Show.  Hence, my wealth will barely increase and any monthly surplus will all be given away at some point.

So far i have given 260bn isk to the Oz Tank Show.

The show started in July and i have generated profits of 238bn in July - November and distributed 260bn.  There will be no show in December which will allow my profits to catch up.


Four Omega Accounts to pay for

Keeping 4 accounts on Omega cost me 7.0bn isk in November.  The cost has fallen given the deals i have taken part in over recent months.


Second month making 1bn per day profit

In October when i stripped out what i made in skill farming from the Omega-MCT deal which i discussed here i worked out that i made 1bn per day (33bn profits).

November has been no different.

This has taken me by surprise, i was constantly doing 2bn profits per day since September 2022.

Not sure what the problem is but sounds like i need to revisit what i am trying to sell.  I suspect i am focusing too much on items with no competition rather than items with 1 or 2 competitors.


The basic numbers

In November i had sales of 219bn isk vs October of 334bn.  That said, the underlying sales in October were 251bn (+83bn skill farming).  But, still a decline of 13%.  That was a poor show.

Item profits were 69bn isk which is a healthy margin of 32% (69/219).  So, again, the problem is not profitability.  The problem is sales.

Taxes and Courier fees came to 31bn isk.  Then add in the 7bn plex cost to Omega 4 accounts takes me to 32bn profits made in November.

And then off that comes the 101bn distributions.


What i am selling

Same as usual - Implants, Blueprints, ship equipment.

I have a rule that the minimum profits have to be 100m isk.  It is no use me buying items for 5m to sell them for 15m.  The profitability may be great but that wont move the dials.  That said, it is surprising how many items i can buy for 120m and sell for 220m.  At that isk level, players re-equipping don't care about spending an additional 100m isk to save time.

There is a competitor for the Blueprints in a few of my trading locations now.  Updating their prices daily.  Will be a battle of attrition.  But i can't give up and therefore it is a costly battle of attrition.

Implants are doing the best now and i often sell a family of implants at a time (i.e. the alpha, beta, delta, epilson, gamma and omega implant).


Manufacturing

All but on hold for now - i don't really have enough time to devote to it.  I would love to find a system or process  that would allow me to have continuous manufacturing in place to make decent profits.


Planetary Interaction

Started this up again to remind me how it works.  Following the changes to volumes, i can keep my planets going for a long time before i need to pick anything up.

The ultimate aim is to do this in low or null sec.


Station Trading

All in Jita.  This is going ok though has slowed right down to 13bn sales.  Takes up very little time so i will stick with it for now.  But i need to ramp this up.


Alpha Accounts

They have all now stopped trading.  Other than Arnon and Alentene, all the other locations show little promise at this stage.  I will keep them on but they will be dormant for now.


Non-Trading activities

Putting Manufacturing on hold and stopping Planetary Interaction all makes sense but is a little sad for me.  I would love to find another isk making activity that would fit into my schedule.


Current Wealth

Current wealth is 1.10 trillion ISK made up from:
  • Plex held as an investment 0bn ISK
  • Items in hanger for sale 62bn ISK
  • Items in hanger for use in business 11bn ISK
  • Omega brought forward 21bn ISK
  • Buy orders on the market 22bn ISK
  • items for sale 1.2 trillion ISK
  • less a 20% provision 240bn ISK*
  • ISK in wallet 27bn ISK

When i add up my wealth, I don't count assets I use in the course of my business such as ships, fittings etc nor do I add back any expenses such as skills purchased etc.  The wealth I disclose is made up of items that are ISK or are in the process of being converted to ISK or are used to generate isk that can be readily resold back onto the market.  Any ships or skills or fittings etc i buy are counted as expenses in that month.  The only exception to this rule is Blueprint Originals i use for manufacturing.  They are held at cost.

* I take a 20% provision against the items I am selling.  Eve calculates wealth by adding up the value of the sell orders hence it is possible to increase your wealth by buying an item for 100m ISK and putting a sell order for 120m ISK (in this case your wealth would increase by 20m ISK).  For me, I want my wealth to be calculated at cost.  I know that the value of my sell orders will likely fall over time as I update my orders downwards as competition reduces their prices before my items are sold.  Hence the 20% provision is my best guess as to what the maximum reduction I would need to make to my sell orders as a whole before they are sold.  In an ideal world I would value my sell orders at the value which I bought the items for.

No comments:

Post a Comment